The Museo Marino Marini is located in the historic center of Florence, within the former church of San Pancrazio, deconsecrated in 1808 and reused differentely (e.g. tobacco manufacture). Finally, in 1988, the city rediscovers a historic building returned from improper use through a laborious restoration work, and the opening of a museum that happily combines ancient and modern, designed by architects Bruno Sacchi and Lorenzo Papi, Florence’s first museum of contemporary art.
The Foundation has the scope of managing and maintaining the value of the Museo Marino Marini, and promoting cultural events and expositions dedicated to artists and themes from the Twentieth Century to the contemporary work of the present day.
The Marini San Pancrazio Foundation, with headquarters in Florence, in piazza San Pancrazio, was established in 1988 by the City of Florence and the Marino Marini Foundation of Pistoia. It aims to ensure the preservation, protection, and valorization, and exposition to the public of Marino Marini’s works of art and his artistic heritage, including works donated to the City of Florence by the sculptor himself, and those given by Mercedes Pedrazzini Marini.